As an administrator at the State Dept. of Education, I managed programs designed to increase local control. I regularly sought feedback and data from school districts and proposed changes to the legislature in response to what was working or not working in school districts.
As a state administrator at the Department of Family Services I worked to ensure that communities, not just the state, benefit from all funding sources. I have declined to participate in programs that Wyoming cannot sustain without federal funding and redirected state efforts to the local communities.
As an administrator at the Department of Family Services, I managed multiple programs with multi-million dollar budgets. In two years:
- i. Prioritized programs for return on investment and relevance;
- ii. Required competitive bids for contract work;
- iii. Streamlined programs;
- iv. Increased measurable efficiencies by reducing error rates more than 50%;
- v. Eliminated a significant budget deficit within one year without reducing permanent state employee positions.