• Spearheaded the development of many enrichment programs for kids K-12 and encouraged children to grow beyond the traditional classroom walls.
• Regularly shared data and student progress with parents coupled with strategies for boosting student success.
• Maintained an open door for parents to observe, question, and discuss teaching and learning.
• Mentored new teachers through internships and district programs.
• Took advantage of opportunities to improve student outcomes by serving on and chairing committees, attending trainings, and leading groups of students and adults.
• Recognized that teaching and learning occurs in and out of the classroom and served in my community as a volunteer and role model in many capacities.
• Understand that the greatest impact on students is not standards, curriculum or accountability but, rather, excellent teaching. All structures in education should support teaching and learning.